WorkingArtist is a database system designed to help artists manage the business side of art. It operates on Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ME/XP/Vista/Win7. It contains over 300 forms and reports which allow you to catalog your work, manage patron contacts, track show entries and sales, price your work using a price grid, create a bio and manage other tasks.
WorkingArtist is designed for artists or artisans who create one-of-a-kind artwork or crafts, including limited edition works such as prints, sculpture or photography. It is primarily designed for a single user, with each artist having his or her own copy of WorkingArtist. If you are interested in a multi-user version, please contact us.
Even if you are not actively promoting and selling your work, WorkingArtist is a basic tool for keeping track of your artwork.
To view some of the forms in WorkingArtist, double click on the highlighted words on this page. This is a small sample of what you will find in WorkingArtist.
Artist Info, Artwork, and Patrons
The foundation of the system is built on three sets of records, the Artist Info records, Artwork records, and Patron records.
1. Artist Info records are used in various ways in the application, for example to create a letterhead for letters you create in WorkingArtist.
2. Artwork records provide the foundation for other functions, such as show entries, invoices, slide show, and price lists. You can also create records for limited editions by entering data in the Artwork Editions form. Each artwork record is categorized by medium, subject, and type of measurement. Additionally, you can track the location of each artwork and create your own collections category. You can base your pricing on a Price Grid, and/or you can individually price your artwork or crafts.
3. Patron records provide the foundation for other functions such as mail lists, show entries, and invoices. Patrons can be entered by type such as individuals, galleries, art consultants, businesses, etc., into your patron forms. You can use the pre-loaded set of patron types and/or you can create your own.
The heart of the system is a set of records called the activity records. These connect the artwork records with the patron records in various ways. Through the Patron Activity
forms you can create activity tasks that track what you do with your patrons or your artwork. For example, WorkingArtist can track which slides you have sent to an individual art consultant, or you can view everything that you have sent to that art consultant over a period of time. You can view the Provenance of each individual artwork.
There are several functions that automate tasks which artists need to track. You can:
* Enter and track show entries in the Show Entries forms;
* Create mailing lists in the Mail Lists forms;
* Create and track price lists in the Price Lists forms;
* Create invoices, payment schedules, statements in the Invoices forms;
* Create and track registry submissions in the Registry forms;
* Create and track project submissions in the Projects forms;
* Create records of your artwork images encoded on diskette, compact disc, or video in the Media forms;
* Write letters and documents in the Letters/Docs form.
* Display and print important dates in the Calendar function.
Additionally, you can create Labels, Price Grids, and a Bio. You can keep a Notebook, a Phone Book, a Reminder list, and insert images of your artwork into the Slide Show forms.
WorkingArtist was designed by an artist and we are committed to addressing the needs of artists.
Back to the top